Patients are referred to Behavior Health and Social Services by their medical provider if concerns arise about their mental health, social or emotional needs. Providers will page the behavioral health team to further assess the situation, provide education/information, offer support, make appropriate referrals, or schedule therapy.
In therapy, the team can help individuals with the following:
- Understanding the relationship between physical health and well-being;
- Making lifestyle changes to improve health and well-being;
- Addressing stress, anxiety, depression and relationship issues;
- Creating a plan to achieve better health outcomes;
- Managing health challenges and diagnoses; and
- Providing referrals to outside agencies
Through the Health and Law Project, SCHC partners with Legal Aid to offer assistance with issues such as disability, discrimination, housing, domestic violence, financial concerns, divorce, custody issues and unemployment concerns. For more information, call 712-226-9488. You may also visit http://www.iowalegalaid.org/ia/homepage.html to learn more about Legal Aid.