Sexual Health Services
Confidential family planning services for men, women, and teens includes:
- A full range of birth control options and supplies. Some methods provided include: birth control pills, the Patch, Depo Shot, NuvaRing, IUD’s, the implant Nexplanon, condoms, natural family planning and emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing, counseling, and referrals
- Annual exams (check-ups)
- Screening and treatment for STIs/STDs, HIV/AIDS
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) and other health screenings
- Yeast infection treatment
- Client education and counseling, and community education
- Follow-up and referrals for social and medical needs
Abortions are not provided through this program.
Costs for Services
Fees for Title X family planning services are based on ability to pay. Services are free for people enrolled in Medicaid and those whose income is below the federal poverty guidelines. Patients will meet with a financial counselor to determine eligibility.
SCHC is a Title X Family Planning Health Center that offers high quality and confidential health care. Medical services are provided by physicians and nurse practitioners trained in family planning health care. Educational programs offered through our family planning clinic respond to local community needs.
- Start your family when you’re ready
- Protect yourself from sexually transmitted diseases (STIs/STDs)
- Make healthy choices for a better life
For more information, please visit: Family Planning Council of IA: https://fpcouncil.org/