Prenatal Care Services
Prenatal Care Services
Siouxland Community Health Center works with the medical providers of Siouxland Obstetrics and Gynecology to care for expecting mothers throughout their pregnancy and delivery. We also have a certified nurse midwife and a nurse practitioner on staff for your scheduled prenatal visits. Patients also have full access to the many services available at the Siouxland Community Health Center which include: dental care, a full-service pharmacy, and behavioral health resources.
Our prenatal services include:
- Pregnancy testing
- Routine prenatal visits
- Nonstress tests
- Prenatal education
- Gestational diabetes education
- Breastfeeding support
- Postpartum visits and education
- Newborn weight check clinic
- Certified Lactation Counselor on Staff
- Certified Car Seat Safety Technician on Staff
For questions or to schedule an appointment with prenatal services, please call Siouxland Community Health Center at 712-226-9439.
Certified Lactation Counselor Service
Megan Meyer is a family nurse practitioner in our prenatal department who is also certified in lactation counseling. She is available to help with whatever breastfeeding challenges you may face, we can help you gain confidence with issues including positioning, latch-on, and improving milk production. We offer private consultations in our office at any time in your breastfeeding journey.
Our lactation counselor can help with:
- positioning and latching challenges
- low milk supply
- coping with engorgement
- managing multiples
- education and assistance with using a breast pump
- assessment and management of breast and nipple problems (i.e. sore nipples, and breast pain)
- returning to work breastfeeding needs
Certified Car Seat Technician Service
Joni Roberts is a Certified Nurse Midwife in our prenatal department who is also a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST).
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death in children under the age of 14 in the U.S. It is important for caregivers to have the most up-to-date, accurate information about transporting their children safely. Our certified Child Passenger Safety Technician will provide education and best practice recommendations to families and caregivers.
We encourage you to bring your car seat to your postpartum appointment(s) to be checked by our CPST. This way, you will know FOR SURE that your infant is placed properly in its seat and will have a safer ride home with you.
Delivering Your Baby
UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s Hospital is Siouxland’s only hospital with a Birth Center. You can visit their Birth Center page HERE to learn more about your hospital stay, and other services they offer to prepare you for your new bundle of joy.
Patient Education Resources
- Morning Sickness-Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy
- Nutrition during Pregnancy
- Gestational Diabetes
- Back Pain during Pregnancy
- Special Test for Monitoring Fetal Well-Being
- How to Tell When Labor Begins
- Induction of Labor at 39 Weeks
- Cesarean Birth
- Vaginal Birth after Cesarean Delivery (VBAC)
- When Pregnancy Goes Past Your Due Date
- Medications for Pain Relief during Labor and Delivery
- Breastfeeding Your Baby
- Newborn Male Circumcision
- Postpartum Depression